Apparently prints of the Swedish book covers can be purchased here.
wow they are beautiful!
oh my god
Anonymous asked: I know that you don't ship Remus/Tonks (I also don't), and I was wondering in which ways you see it as unhealthy? thanks :)
the most upsetting thing about this ship to me is that we could’ve had it aaaaallll
first of all I do not for one second buy that either of these characters is straight and I wish it had been represented as a strong-platonic coupling instead of a pretty standard heterosexist narrative, but that’s me and not jkr
but ok remus is my second favorite character in the entire series and tonks is in the top 10 and I think what makes me angriest about it is that these two characters I adore got character assassinated in the interest of … idek, some narrative parallel that was forced in last minute? like. imagine these two people who are intelligent and kind and loyal and fierce and who both just suffered a huge loss supporting each other in their grief and forming a love relationship based on that support, that isn’t fraught with drama and cloaked in angst
imagine with me for a second. imagine what could have been.
ok that was nice let’s talk about what actually happened. what jkr actually did that frustrates me is:
- spend a LOAD of time quietly establishing how close remus and sirius were and how important remus’ ongoing relationship with harry is (though not enough time is spent on this imho) and solidifying tonks’ character and then
- pull a 180 with tonks’ personality, switching her from an upbeat, independent, capable woman who cared intensely about the cause over everything else to a stereotype of a woman who Could Not Live Without Her Man which was super frustrating because it was totally unnecessary. do you think that Book 5 Tonks wouldn’t have respected Remus’ wishes? because Book 6 and 7 Tonks absolutely does not respect Remus’ wishes, or his fears, or literally anything about him except some projection she’s made about what he is and wants.
- pull a 180 with Remus’ personality, turning him from a reasonable, pragmatic, level-headed person to a man who Shuns Love Because He Is Flawed, which is not something we see him do… except with Tonks? It’s not like he resists closeness with Harry or Sirius or literally anyone else because he Does Not Deserve Love Because He Is A Monster, and in fact I would argue he has some of the better healthy communication skills in the entire cast of characters, which he then just… doesn’t use ever again? he fuckin runs away from his wife and child? or tries to? without talking to her? HAS LUPIN EVER RUN AWAY FROM ANYTHING EVER? and even if he did decide he had to bail, the way he does it is just so… not… remus… for me? i get they’re in the middle of a war but the first war cost remus everything he cared about so to cause him to act in a rash, distrustful way again is just TOO MUCH
- and all of that would maaaaaybe be able to squeak by for contextual reasons but then the relationship itself is textbook unhealthy: emotional manipulation on both ends, a total lack of communication, wildly differing opinions about what should happen and when (marriage? baby? in the middle of a war?) and apparently no discussion of any of that, one partner having to continually argue/manipulate the other into sticking around, and honest to God I love Teddy but where the fuck did that baby come from if Remus is so terrified of having a child that he literally tries to run away from the situation I mean accidental pregnancies happen of course but TEDDY LUPIN OUT OF LEFT FIELD
- speaking of, THIS ENTIRE RELATIONSHIP OUT OF LEFT FIELD. I am looking. I am rereading the books and I am looking hard and the only time Tonks and Remus are ever seen together (by Harry) and not as part of a group where “Sirius and Lupin” are paired in exactly that way over and over is when they escort everybody back to Hogwarts on the Knight Bus after Christmas, and then they like. don’t speak to each other. I mean we see everything happening from Harry’s POV but there’s. nothing. there. there’s nothing.
- like literally at no point do these two seem happy. ever. Remus rejects Tonks timeline-wise almost immediately after Sirius’ death, I guess? but regardless of the actual timeline she plunges into a deep depression and he seems uncomfortable with that but resolved, and then she attacks him about his decision in front of a huge group of people, and then when they do eventually get together the sense is that Remus is very reluctant about it, just dragging his heels the whole way, and then Tonks gets pregnant and Remus legit tries to bolt? like his anxiety is extreme until it gets to breaking point and then Teddy is born and he’s a magical perfect child that I adore and they adore and everyone adores and then a hot second later. they die. so.
- and they die not because it’s right for their character arcs — which go off the fucking rails after book 5 — but because jkr wanted teddy to be a parallel to harry
was this whole movie just a set up for a star trek joke
Haven’t we all been there at some point?
HAPPY EARTH DAY!
Anonymous asked: can you do Remus headcanons too?
- He was the tallest of the Marauders until James and Sirius hit their growth spurts in 4th year.
- He oozed sarcasm.
- He was generally the “quietest” of the group, but he was always the one with the quickest and wittiest remark and it would sometimes surprise people and Sirius, James and Peter would stand behind him grinning appreciatively. Sometimes his comebacks were so good people found themselves slow clapping without even realizing it.
- His school uniform was always straight and orderly for classes but the second he was done with dinner he would untuck his shirt and loosen his tie and undo all the buttons on his sleeves and sigh in contentment.
- He loved sweaters and had a collection of ugly ones because “they tickled him.”
- He cried when he laughed really hard.
- He would sigh really loudly if someone said something incredibly stupid.
- Being a werewolf caused him to be a few degrees warmer than everyone else (baby Harry loved this but that’s a whole different list of headcanons).
- He had really long fingers and eyelashes.
- He was the best of the Marauders at not getting caught and managed to get away with a surprisingly low amount of detentions in comparison (less than 10 in all 7 years).
- He could draw well.
- He got an unfortunate amount of headaches.
- His hair was always a rats nest when he woke up and he didn’t even bother with it on Sundays.
- He had absolutely no idea how to respond when a girl was flirting with him and was often completely oblivious to it.
- If someone said something funny and it caught him off guard he would do this squeaky giggle and was always embarrassed when he did so naturally it became a thing to try and make Remus giggle.
- He mastered the puppy dog eyes.
- He generally did a good job staying calm when he was angry but on the rare occasions he blew up it was scary to be around because it was so surprising to see him like that.
- He and Lily always got on well, becoming really good friends in 5th year. He was also one of the first people to realize Lily fancied James.
- He practically inhaled his food (I could say he wolfed it down but…). Everyone else would be on their third bite and his plate would already be clear.
- He slouched terribly.
- His smile made girls sigh.
- He would grin and skip around like a child when he was proud of himself or excited about something.
- The pranks he came up with were ironic and incredibly clever.
- He always won Exploding Snap. Always. Eventually people didn’t even want to play it with him anymore.
- Dumbledore liked to check up on him regularly and would invite him to his office for a cup of tea.
- He almost always finished his homework the night he got it and Sirius, Peter and James teased him for it but Remus always made a big show of lounging around and yawning widely while they were all rushing to get everything done last minute and they’d eventually start throwing things at him to get him to piss off.
WHERE CAN I FIND THESE AND PURCHASE THEM
SERIOUSLY WHERE DO THESE EXIST?
"in forks send help"
reblog and make a wish!
this was removed from tumbrl due to “violating one or more of Tumblr’s Community Guidelines”, but since my wish came true the first time, I’m putting it back. :)
OH MY FUCKING GOD, IT’S BACK ON MY DASH.
THIS SHIT WORKS OKAY, I AM DEAD SERIOUS.
The last time I saw this on my dash, I didn’t think it would happen, so jokingly I wished I could go to a fun. concert.
AND GUESS WHAT, I WENT TO A FUCKING FUN. CONCERT.
THIS SHIT WORKS, TRY IT.
I SAW THIS ON MY DASH THE OTHER DAY AND THOUGHT “ITS WORTH A TRY” SO I WISHED I COULD GET A 3DS
LITERALLY LIKE 4 DAYS LATER MY DAD SENT ME A PICTURE OF THE 3DS XL HE BOUGHT FOR ME WHILE I WAS AT SCHOOL
IM STILL FREAKING OUT ABOUT THIS
holy fuck, I didn’t expect this to work, I was like psh, whatever it’s just a quick reblog, but I wished my Dad would actually respond back to me AND HE FUCKING DID A FEW DAYS LATER, I GOT A FUCKING TEXT FROM MY DAD TODAY WHO HASN’T SPOKEN OR RESPONDED TO ME IN MONTHS HOLY FUCK WHAT IS THIS MAGIC IT WORKS.
I WANTED TO SEE MY BOYFRIEND AND I DIDN’T THINK I’D GET DAYS OFF BUT THIS WEEKEND I’M HEADING UP THERE??? THIS IS CRAZY SHIT
SO LIKE I JOKINGLY WISHED FOR MY OWN LEN KAGAMINE AND THEN LIKE A WEEK LATER I GOT A LEN NENDOROID??? H ELP
WTF OKAY SO THIS SHOT ACTUALLY WORKS BECAUSE WHEN I WISHED, I HAD WISHED MY CRUSH WOULD LIKE ME BACK AND GUESS WHAT? I HAVE A BOYFRIEND NOW. WHAT THE HELLLLL?????
ok I’ve said this before but IM DOING IT AGAIN THE FIRST TIME I SAW THIS, MY WISH DID COME TRUE SO I REBLOGED AGAIN AND SAID IT IN THE TAGS BUT THEN I WISHED FOR SMTH ELSE AND IT LITERALLY LITERALLY HAPPENED LIKE A COUPLE DAYS LATER WHAT THE HELL SO NOW IM WRITING THIS HERE FOR YOU BC I DONT BELIEVE IN THIS CRAP BUT STILL IT’S AN AWFULLY BIG COINCIDENCE
So last time I reblogged this I met Tom Hiddleston within the month…
Page 1 of 444